If you're a pilot who has fallen in love with the profession, you will certainly be able to relate to some of these forces of habit.
1) Before driving your car, you tune, identify, test
2) You can tell an aircraft fuel type simply by it's beautiful smell
3) You can name all of the different types of cloud formations, and you have your favorites
4) You start 20% of your conversations with 'There I was, at 30,000 feet...'
5) You know there are two types of people in life- Boeing fans and Airbus fans
6) You know the phonetic alphabet better than the normal alphabet
7) You check out overhead planes when you're on the ground and estimate their speed and destination
8) You have regular nightmares about losing your logbook
9) You have a love/hate relationship with flight planning
10) You say 'negative' instead of 'no'
11) You also say 'affirmative' far too often
12) You love helping your kids get to grips with vectors
13) You often reflect on your first solo flight
14) You know a long list of jokes about co-pilots
If you have more to add, we'd love to hear them so please write them in the comments.
And don't forget, if you're looking for a pilot role in the USA, we have plenty!
photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/27609180@N00/2051382832">solo!</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">(license)</a>
photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/25928602@N07/5574603110">From the plane</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">(license)</a>